The primary function of the Yard Truck Loader is to help customers, load and unload trucks, prepare UPS shipments, rotate stock, count inventory, keep stock yard and warehouses clean and maintained, and help out where needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: includes the following but not limited to:
- Perform related duties as assigned by Production Supervisor
- Perform related duties as assigned by Distribution Manager
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Inspect products to verify conformance to specifications
- Inspect incoming materials and verify packing slips
- Inspect yard equipment
- Establish or adjust work procedures to meet distribution schedules
- Maintain positive relationship with customer contact
- Promote team effort in helping each other. This will increase the performance levels of all in supplying a high standard of satisfactory
service to the customer
- Always promotes safety first and assists in maintaining housekeeping requirements on the premises
- Safeguard the confidentiality of FRATCO, especially products, operations, financial, customers, and personal information
- Maintain a positive cooperative working relationship with customers, community and those persons superior or subordinate to this
position, as well as peers
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have knowledge of, and be able to identify all products
- Must be able to competently operate all distribution equipment
- Must be able to count inventory
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal employees and external customers
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to operate loading equipment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and lo-
cal standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards
- Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 100 lbs. consistently with heavier weight necessary at times
- Must be able to talk, hear, listen and speak English clearly
- Must be able to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms
- Must be able to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls
- Must be able to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and
the ability to adjust focus.
- Safety glasses must be worn in the production plant at all times for your protection
- Hard Hats must be worn in the yard at all times
- Required to wear safety provided apparel
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly:
- Works near moving mechanical parts
- Works in high, precarious places
- Exposed to heat, risk of electrical shock, and vibration
- Frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions
- Rarely exposed to fumes and toxic or caustic chemicals
- Regularly works in outside weather conditions
or download a PDF application. Upon completion, please submit your application in person at your desired Fratco facility or email to email@example.com. Depending on the location, additional paperwork may be required which will be provided following the submission of your initial application. Applicants must be 18 years of age or older.