Title: Production Shift Supervisor
Location: St. Anne, IL – Production Plant
Available Shifts: 3rd shift
Reports to: Production Plant Manager
Job Type: Nonexempt
The primary function of Production Shift Supervisor is to supervise and coordinate the activities of production workers, monitor material handling equipment, tubing lines, and product quality. Oversees maintenance on machines, including shutting down and restarting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: includes the following but not limited to:
- Perform related duties as assigned by Plant Manager
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Dispatch personnel and equipment in emergencies and non-emergencies using established company protocols
- Assist with the administration of basic First Aid/CPR
- Inspect products to verify conformance to specifications and direct setup and adjustments of machines
- Study production schedules and estimate worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment
- Interpret company policies to workers and enforce safety rules and regulations
- Always promote safety first and assist in maintaining housekeeping requirements on the premises
- Establish or adjust work procedures to meet production schedules
- Recommend measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product
- Analyze and resolve work problems, or assist workers in solving work problems
- Maintain time and production records
- Promote team effort and making sure that all employees understand that helping each other and other shifts will increase the performance level of all in supplying a high level of satisfactory service to the customer
- Safeguard the confidentiality of FRATCO, especially products, operations, financial, customers, and personal information
- Maintain a positive cooperative working relationship with customers, community and those persons superior or subordinate to this position, as well as peers
Directly supervises production employees on the shift. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be certified in First Aid/CPR/AED
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with employees and customers
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to, but not limited to:
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards
- Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 100 lbs., consistently with heavier weight necessary at times
- Must be able to talk, hear, listen and speak English clearly
- Must be able to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms
- Must be able to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls
- Must be able to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee is occasionally required to smell
- Safety glasses must be worn in the production plant at all times for your protection
- Cut Level 2-3 gloves must be wore when using sharp hand tools
- Hot Gloves must be wore when working with 400 degree molted materials
- Hearing Protection is highly recommended to be worn in all production areas
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly:
- Work near moving mechanical parts
- Work in high, precarious places
- Exposed to heat, risk of electrical shock, and vibration
- Frequently exposed to airborne particles.
- Rarely exposed to fumes and toxic or caustic chemicals
or download a PDF application. Upon completion, please submit your application in person at your desired Fratco facility or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Depending on the location, additional paperwork may be required which will be provided following the submission of your initial application. Applicants must be 18 years of age or older.