Title: Plant Maintenance
1st Shift (6:30am – 3:30pm)
2nd Shift (2:50pm – 11:00pm)
3rd Shift (10:50pm – 7am)
Department: Plant Labor
Location: Mt. Pleasant, IA – Production Plant
Reports to: Plant Maintenance Supervisor
Job Type: Nonexempt
Summary: The primary function of Plant Maintenance is to work with the Plant Maintenance Supervisor and be responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities includes the following but is not limited to:
- Perform related duties as assigned by Plant Maintenance Supervisor
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Visually inspect and listen for unusual sounds from machines or equipment to detect malfunction and discuss machine operation variations with Shift Supervisors or other maintenance personnel to diagnose problem or repair
- Dismantle defective machines and equipment and install new or repaired parts
- Clean and lubricate shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of equipment in addition to any other preventative maintenance
- Assist in maintaining service and repair records for equipment as well as inventory of supply and repair parts on hand to make timely repairs
- Inspect product to verify conformance to specifications
- Recommend measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product
- Promote team effort in helping each other. This will increase the performance levels of all in supplying a high standard of satisfactory service to the customer
- Always promotes safety first and assists in maintaining housekeeping requirements on the premises
- Safeguard the confidentiality of FRATCO, especially products, operations, financial, customers, and personal information
- Maintain a positive cooperative working relationship with customers, community and those persons superior or subordinate to this position, as well as peers
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and plant equipment
- Must be able to perform regular preventative maintenance on machinery and equipment
- Must be able to use a variety of hand and power tools
- Must be able to perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of any production machines
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with fellow employees and supervisors
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- Associate’s Degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards
- Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 100 lbs., consistently with heavier weight necessary at times
- Must be able to talk, hear, listen and speak English clearly
- Must be able to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms
- Must be able to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls
- Must be able to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Safety glasses must be worn in the production plant at all times for your protection
- Cut Level 2-3 gloves must be wore with extremely sharp hand tools.
- Hot Gloves must be wore when working with 400 degree molted materials
- Hearing protection is highly recommended to be worn in all production areas
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly:
- Works near moving mechanical parts
- Works in high, precarious places
- Exposed to heat, risk of electrical shock, and vibration
- Frequently exposed to airborne particles.
- Rarely exposed to fumes and toxic or caustic chemicals
or download a PDF application. Upon completion, please submit your application in person at your desired Fratco facility or email to email@example.com. Depending on the location, additional paperwork may be required which will be provided following the submission of your initial application. Applicants must be 18 years of age or older.