Title: Plant Maintenance Supervisor
Shift: 1st Shift (6:30am – 3:30pm, on call as necessary)
Location: Mt. Pleasant, IA – Production Plant
Reports to: Production Plant Manager
Job Type: Nonexempt
Summary: The primary function of the Plant Maintenance Supervisor is to direct and coordinate overall running, repair, maintenance, equipment change-overs and set up of all plant line equipment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities includes the following but is not limited to:
- Perform related duties as assigned by Plant Manager
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Ensure production and quality of products meets specifications
- Confer with Plant Manager for joint cooperation and coordination of production and maintenance scheduling
- Review production and operating reports and resolves operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems
- Inspect machines and equipment and preform preventative maintenance to ensure specific operational performance and optimum utilization
- Direct mold change over operation
- Maintain that jobs start on schedule, work with Plant Manager and Shift Supervisors to verify production and quality of work.
- Recommend measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product
- Maintain production records
- Dispatch personnel and equipment in emergency and non-emergencies using established company protocols
- Promote team effort in helping each other. This will increase the performance levels of all in supplying a high standard of satisfactory service to the customer
- Always promote safety first and assist in maintaining housekeeping requirements on the premises
- Safeguard the confidentiality of FRATCO, especially products, operations, financial, customers, and personal information
- Maintain a positive cooperative working relationship with customers, community and those persons superior or subordinate to this position, as well as peers
Supervisory Responsibilities includes the following but not limited to:
- Supplement Plant Manager in overall direction and coordination of plant and/or production activities
- Manage ALL Plant Maintenance Personnel
- In the event that the Plant Manager or Assistant Plant Manager are unavailable, the Plant Maintenance Supervisor would be responsible for managing the production facility
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have a complete working knowledge of all production machinery and supplemental equipment
- Must be able to work with and build relationships with equipment and machinery vendors
- Must have the ability to manage and motivate maintenance employees
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with employees and customers
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitate productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards
- Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 100 lbs., consistently with heavier weight necessary at times
- Must be able to talk, hear, listen and speak English clearly
- Must be able to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms
- Must be able to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls
- Must be able to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Safety glasses must be worn in the production plant at all times for your protection
- Cut Level 2-3 gloves must be wore with extremely sharp hand tools.
- Hot Gloves must be wore when working with 400 degree molted materials
- Hearing Protection is highly recommended to be worn in all production areas
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly:
- Works near moving mechanical parts
- Works in high, precarious places
- Exposed to heat, risk of electrical shock, and vibration
- Frequently exposed to airborne particles.
- Rarely exposed to fumes and toxic or caustic chemicals
or download a PDF application. Upon completion, please submit your application in person at your desired Fratco facility or email to email@example.com. Depending on the location, additional paperwork may be required which will be provided following the submission of your initial application. Applicants must be 18 years of age or older.